With many ways to utilize this gorgeous fruit. I massage into kale, add to dressings, salads, smoothies, desserts, and dips. Some even fry the decadent fruit; however, I remain loyal to eating in its raw state.
- 3 avocados
- a handful of mint, basil, and parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- juice 1 lime or lemon
- juice of 1 orange
- healthy pinch of salt
- mash avocado
- chop herbs fine
- dice garlic
- mix together
- fold in citrus and salt
- can be made in Cuisinart in about 30 seconds to achieve a smoother consistency
- 3 cups of yuca, banana, OR camote ( sweet potato) flour-( try any other gluten-free flours you have in your area)
- 1 cup ground flax
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 TB fennel seeds
- 2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil plus more for frying
- 1 cup water
- In Cuisinart or large wooden bowl add dry ingredients
- Slowly stream in wet ingredients until incorporated
- Knead dough for 30 seconds to 1 minute
- fire up a cast iron skillet with some coconut oil
- Pinch off a 1/4 cup size ball flatten in your hand or roll out with a pin if you prefer
- Let it sizzle until crispy, then flip, sprinkle with salt
- Wait a moment don’t burn your tongue
- Okay, ready set go. Bon prove ho
My favorite breakfast:
- Herbalicious mayo smeared on jungle bread with a hint of lime, cilantro and sea salt.
- if you want to get crazy lather the mayo on one side of jungle bread, fry an egg with the yolk still a bit runny, add some nutritional yeast ( a.k.a fairy dust to my little bro) or goat cheese, a handful of herbs and another bread right on top. the updated egg mc-muffin sandwich.
- feel free to add any spices or herbs right into the dough.
- experiment with the textures and flavors.
- you can keep the dough in the refrigerator for a few days
- make vegan mini pizzas: Herbalicious Mayo, a few ripe tomatoes and a handful of fresh torn basil…mmmm
Whatever you choose to eat or do in your life, do it well. If you truly believe it makes you healthy and happy, it will.
Continue to be mindful that our thoughts manifest into our reality.
Be well, dance and play in the kitchen. Put much love and intention into your food as your source, prepare and enjoy it. Give thanks for the circle of life that brings our reality into existence.