I must admit the only person I know that likes Turkish Delight is my dad. He goes mad for it. If you go out shopping to the local shops and bring him a little Turkish Delight chocolate bar back, then he is your best friend forever. Plus no one else likes it, he hasn’t got to worry about someone stealing them!
When he was poorly after having his pacemaker fitted I decided to make him some Turkish Delight to cheer him up and he absolutely loved it and this was the recipe! I am thinking to put this recipe in Cafe Bakery’s menu. So please share your reviews.
- 8 fl.oz cold water
- 3 Tblsp Rose Essence
- 3-4 Tblsp Sweetener
- 2 Sachets gelatine
- Pink Food Colouring
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Spray some ice cube trays with fry-light or any spray oil
- In a small saucepan mix the water, Rose essence and sweetener together and slowly bring to the boil
- Lower to a simmer and whisk in the gelatine powder make sure it is all dissolved.
- Carefully pour into the molds or use a label like we did.
- Using a cocktail stick dip it into the pink food coloring and mix it up with all the cubes you have made.
- Put the ice cube trays with your mini Turkish delights into the fridge to set.
- When ready push the cubes out to serve.
- Just before serving drop the cubes into the icing sugar, do not sprinkle the sugar as it will disappear.