You’re probably wondering why I call this my low fat Sunday trifle? Mainly because that is what I always had on a Sunday growing up when my mum and dad invited people around for Sunday dinner. There would be a nice beef roast, Yorkshire Puddings, roast potatoes and all the usual bits and pieces.
Then for pudding, it would be a trifle and it was always really nice with low-calorie jelly (usually sugar-free) and then some mousse on top to seal the deal.
Fast forward twenty years and this is what I prefer to make on a Sunday too. The kids love it, the adults love it and it is not too bad for the calories either.
- 2 Sponge fingers
- 2 sachets of sugar-free jelly
- Fruit – strawberries, raspberries, blueberries etc
- 500g fat-free fromage frais
- 1 tub of quark
- 1 banana and custard muller light yogurt
- Put fruit and sponge fingers in the bottom of a large serving bowl.
- Makeup ONE sachet of low-fat jelly and leave to cool then pour on top of the fruit and sponge fingers.
- Then put it in the fridge to set
- Once set make ¾ of the other sachet of low-calorie jelly and let it cool for about 5 minutes and mix in the fromage frais.
- Pour on top of the other fruit jelly that was in the fridge and let it set again in the fridge.
- Once it is set to mix together the quark and muller light then pour on top of the jellies.
- Then decorate with a few leftover fruit bits.
If you have any doubts regarding this yummy dessert, you can ask your questions or leave the reviews here.